The DIA has been a beacon of culture for the Detroit area for well over a century. Founded in 1885, the museum was originally located on Jefferson Avenue, but, due to its rapidly expanding collection, moved to a larger site on Woodward Avenue in 1927. The new Beaux-Arts building, designed by Paul Cret, was immediately referred to as the "temple of art." Two wings were added in the 1960s and 1970s, and a major renovation and expansion that began in 1999 was completed in 2007.
- Detroit Institute of Art
Detroit Institute of Art
JK Joe Kunzman Updated
5200 Woodward Ave
Traditional museum with period furniture on display in gallery setting
There are no user reviews for this listing.