What are you working on????

FREDDY ROMAN

All,

SAPFM and its members would love to see what you are working on.  Please post photos and comments. 

Thanks,

FR

Freddy,
We would be interested to know what you are working on.

I have the lower portion of a QA highboy completed, under cover, and tucked away in a safe place in the shop (if there is such a place in my shop).  Completion of the upper half is awaiting warmer weather. It has been just too cold in SW Pa this Fall & Winter to work out there. 
Sorry, no photo at this time.

Chuck 

My Mother inlaw liked my clock that I learned how to make at Jeff Headley and Steve Hamilton's class that she asked me to make her one. The expense has been too much for me to bear. I don't know how the Pros out there an do it. Customers are needed but they sure can suck. LOL Shes been fine. Here is a pic of the one I made in the class and the one I'm making for domestic tranquility. The Card table is a product of the classes at Jeff and Steve's shop.

I echo the call for everyone to post what they are working on. The gallery is inspirational for newbies like me. But little seems to get added.

I took photos yesterday of a Boston Block Front I just finished over the weekend. Unfortunately I need to get some instruction of how to attach a photo to this message from my kids first.  But I will get that done.

John, what is the primary wood you used for the card table?  What a great piece along with the clocks.

Rolly

My son gave instruction...here is a photo of the Boston Block-Front I just completed.  The photo off the camera looked great, but on my computer it looks grainy and poor quality.  Hopefully it is my monitor or computer.  Anyhow, I plan on figuring out how to post this piece on the SAPFM gallery tonight.  the photo...

I'm working on a Hepplewhite huntboard right now, but I just finished this little chest of drawers as an experiment in wood graining (first attempt). This whole piece is made in white pine. I think it turned out pretty good, although it looks more like mahogany that my intended walnut.

John,

That table looks great.  I hadn't thought of making a card table but your piece inspires me to consider buidling one.  Great work.  Is the drawer front veneered?

after spending 2 or 3 years building 3 John Townsend tall case clocks; one in cuban mahogany,one in honduras mahogany, and one out of tiger maple, I flew into a very large restoration project: a 1941 Stearman PT 17. John Mc Alister knows what i am talking about, he trained in the PT 17 before going on to fly the P 51 Mustang over Europe in WW II. this has taken all of my spare time since Jan 2011. It will probably take at least another year to get it flying. after that I will resume period furniture making.

I flew into a very large restoration project: a 1941 Stearman PT 17.

Now there's an awesome project.  Is it yours or are you restoring it for someone else.

The irony of where this is going is:  When msiemsen was looking for a SAPFM member to socialize with in Seattle, he got dragged over to Boeing Field and the Museum of Flight.  We don't have a lot of period furniture here, but airplanes...we've got 'em.  PSP

Freddy, Unfortunately I've aged out of my shop, but I know about George Madok's project; the PT 17 Stearman airplane!  George and a friend of his arranged  to give me a ride in a PT 17! Not the one George is restoring. This one was fortunately in flying condition. Wonderful fun; first time I've been at the controls of an airplane since 1945. And we survived!
John McAlister

Looking over all these projects, you all put me to shame. Awesome jobs everyone. The members of SAPFM do amazing work, keep it up!

Seriously, John?  I don't think so...your work looks great - and your card table caught my interest.  After seeing your table I have put it on my bucket list. I showed it to my wife and she agreed and has a spot reserved in our house already. Think again. 

Back