Woodworking Workshops of the Sheandoah Valley Nov and Dec

Jeff L Headley

Myself, Jeff Headley forth generation cabinetmaker, and Steve Hamilton are offering a week long  workshop for intermediate craftsmen November 13th - 17th
Building a Federal two drawer bedside table
with a combination of hand tools and modern machines.
This table has crotch veneered drawer fronts, fine line down the legs, inlaid fans in the corners of the top with an inlaid border around  the base of the skirt and front rail.

Our December 4th - 8th workshop is on building a miniature blanket chest as a jewelry box.

I have tried to post pictures but I think my pictures are to large. If anyone would like pictures e-mailed I could send them out that way. We are offering a $100.00 discount to current SAPFM members. I blame The Society of American Period Furniture Makers for starting us in this mad direction.

I hope that this isn't inappropriate for this forum.
Jeff Headley

Jeff,
I don't see anything wrong with it. You are diseminating information about period furniture. If people have a problem with it maybe we need a topic of classes and workshops where this type of thing could be posted. Or put it in the for sale section. You might want to add a link or e-mail address to your post for contact information.
Mike

Jeff, I would hope these are acceptable to the moderator.  It is consistent with the SAPFM goals.

They might put it under a different category, like items for sale, but I think this is the right place.

Would you send me more information.  Specifics on cost, available places to stay, tools expected to take, your city so I can do some travel analysis, etc.

Thanks.

Ken

I think classes of this type, especially those given by SAPFM members are more than appropriate for posting on the forum.  I'm planning to take this one myself and would not have known about it without the forum.  My only additional comment is that there should be a way (I'm assuming there is but that I don't know the details) to link this to the "workshops" heading on the home page.  Workshops and classes are one of the top priorities of the SAPFM membership and we should do everything we can to encourage them.

Everyone:
Thanks for the positive response.
Mike,  I was told by my webpage designer that our website www.headleyandsons  would be up last monday. It's still not up but hopefully it will be real soon. My e-mail address is [email protected]. I will be happy to answer anyone's questions.
We are located 65 miles west of Washington DC in the beautiful and historic Shenandoah Valley (hince the name). We are 5 miles east of Winchester Virginia in Clarke County. There are many museums and other entertaining things to do locally. 
Some of our classes for next year are a tide water Virgina / North Carolina Chippendale side chair(simply a great chair or a simple great chair).
An elagant cross banded and inlaid eagle looking glass.
An eagle inlaid document box
Carving a claw and ball leg and a shell(not sure what region yet)
A Charlston South Carolina Chippendale dressing cabinet.
Plus simple joinery classes.
We are working on doing some long term projects but haven't figured out the fine points yet.
I want to thank SAPFM for this oppurtunity and will continue to offer a discount to all SAPFM members.
And some day a I might learn how to spell.

Jeff,
Don't waste your time learning to spell. I would rather learn to make a piece of furniture, than learn to spell it.

"I respect a man who knows how to spell a word more than one way."
Mark Twain
It's sort of creative when you think about it.
Mike

Hello Jeff,
Could you send additional information on the December workshop - miniature blanket chest.
cost of workshop, tools, materials, etc. Also could you email a photo of the chest? Sounds like a great christmas gift. Mailing address : David F. Moyer,  602 Juniper St, Quakertown, PA  18951.  email :
[email protected]       

Thank you,    David F. Moyer    SAPFM # 462

Back