Wintherthur Exhibition Tours August 23, 2008

Jim Crammond

WINTERTHUR EXHIBITION AT THE TOLEDO MUSEUM OF ART, AUGUST 23, 2008

Plans for the tour of the Winterthur Exhibition at the Toledo Museum of Art have been finalized.  We will meet on the lower level of the Museum in the Herrick Lobby at 10 AM.  From there we will begin the tour. 

We will split into 2 groups for the tour of the Winterthur Exhibition.  These tours should last until about 11:30 AM, at which time we will break for lunch.  There are several restaurants close to the Museum including the Toledo favorite, Tony Packo’s.  At 1 PM, there will be a tour of the Museum’s collection of furniture.  At 2 PM, anyone interested can meet with Steve Nowak, Director of Exhibitions and Interpretive Programs, in the Libby Court, he will answer any questions about the Winterthur Exhibition or the Toledo Museum of Art’s Furniture collection.

As of today’s date there are 38 members who have reserved a position on the tour, there is room for 2 more people.  The cost of the tour will be $5.00 per person.  If any one has any questions, please post a message here, e-mail me or contact me at 734-241-0549.

Jim Crammond

DIRECTIONS: The Toledo Museum of Art is located at 2445 Monroe Street at Scottwood Avenue, in Toledo, Ohio.  From the north, take I-75 South to Exit 202, Collingwood Blvd.  Turn left on Collingwood, then left on Monroe Street.  The Museum is on your left.  From the south, take I-75 North to Exit 201B, turn left on Erie St., go 2 blocks to Monroe Street and turn left on Monroe.  The Museum will be on your left about 1 mile up.  Parking is behind the Museum.

Plans for the tour of the Winterthur Exhibition at the Toledo Museum of Art have changed a small amount.  We will meet on the lower level of the Museum at the Grove Place West entrance about 10 AM.  This is directly across the street from the parking lot and is marked as the entrance for tours.  From there we will begin the tour at 10:30 A.M. 

We will split into 2 groups for the tour of the Winterthur Exhibition.  These tours should last until about 11:30 AM, at which time we will break for lunch.  There are several restaurants close to the Museum including the Toledo favorite, Tony Packo’s.  At 1 PM, there will be a tour of the Museum’s collection of furniture.  At 2 PM, anyone interested can meet with Steve Nowak, Director of Exhibitions and Interpretive Programs, in the Libby Court, he will answer any questions about the Winterthur Exhibition or the Toledo Museum of Art’s Furniture collection.

As of today’s date there are 38 members who have reserved a position on the tour, there is room for 2 more people.  The cost of the tour will be $5.00 per person, this is based on all 38 people who have reserved a spot attending.  If any one has any questions, please post a message here, e-mail me or contact me at 734-241-0549.

Jim Crammond

DIRECTIONS: The Toledo Museum of Art is located at 2445 Monroe Street at Scottwood Avenue, in Toledo, Ohio.  From the north, take I-75 South to Exit 202, Collingwood Blvd.  Turn left on Collingwood, then left on Monroe Street.  The Museum is on your left, turn left at the first street past the museum and the parking lot is on your right.  From the south, take I-75 North to Exit 201B, turn left on Erie St., go 2 blocks to Monroe Street and turn left on Monroe.  The Museum will be on your left about 1 mile up turn left at the first street past the museum and the parking lot is on your right.

Good Evening

My wife just found out she has Saturday off and would like to join the tour if possible.

Thanks,

Keith Mengel

Keith,

At this point, I'm not exactly sure how many people we have coming, but I don't think there should be any problem.

See you on Saturday.

Jim

Jim,
The tour was wonderful. The pieces from Winterthur were outstanding and hopefully inspiring to all who attended.
A special thank to Steven Nowak, Director of Exhibitions, for allowing the group a close up look at the furniture pieces that the Teledo Museum owns. He was gracious enough to open the pieces, take out drawers, etc., to let us see the inside construction of many pieces.
And , also a great thanks to you Jim for organizing the event. It went very smoothly and made for an enjoyable day.

Ed Stuckey

Ed,

I am glad that you enjoyed yourself and hope that all that attended enjoyed themselves, too.  It really didn't take much effort to arrange it, the people at the Toledo Museum of Art took care of all of the details.  I got the impression that Steve Nowak and the docents that led the groups genuinely enjoyed themselves, too.

Jim

Back