Winterthur library

CBWW

Has anyone had any experience dealing with the library at Winterthur?  I am curious about a few of the shapes on a certain piece in Montgomerys book and was wondering if pictures were available and how easily it was to get them. 

There was a recent thread about this very subject.  Check on the forum  under "Discuss Plans and Drawings" - Winterthur Library.  I think you will find what you are looking for.

I did read that thread and all it said was what other libraries exist..... Did I miss something?  What I am curious about is whether anyone has had experience dealing directly with winterthur, particularly the library, and if they will mail out photos. 

I have used the Library, but in person and you can just wander into the stacks and start looking.  If you are not close by, probaly best best it just to call them directly and ask.  If you do go there, bring a warm jacket as the temp. in the stacks is VERY cold.

martin

I have dealt with the Winterthur Library in the past. They were very helpful. Just call and tell them that you want to talk to someone about obtaining pictures of pieces in their collection. They will connect you with the right person. Try to have the Winterthur Accession number for the piece that you are interested in when you call. The person you talk too will need this information to identify the piece you are interested in.

Back