Tool event

Marion

Ken,

At the tool event sponsored by Lie-Nielsen and Peach State Lumber, I will be glad to make available several pieces of furniture for exhibition in the booth sponsored by the Peach State Chapter of SAPFM.  The items are a Massachusetts Block Front Chest;  a Portsmouth, New Hampshire Chippendale Tea Table shown on page 188 of American Furniture in The Metropolitan Museum and at page 71 of Jeff Green's American Furniture.  Mine has a fret work gallery like the one in Jeff Green's book.  The third item is a more regional piece, a small "Hunt Board".  The general design for the hunt board is inspired by an Athens, Georgia piece made between about 1790 and 1800.

Let me know what I can do.  I will make a duplicate posting at SAPFM's Forum.

Marion Smith

Marion is one of our master craftsmen who is serving on the Peach State Chapter's program Committee.  He is also planning to hold a couple of informal "visits" at his personal shop to demonstrate specific methods of work and some French Polishing.  Those of us who are not yet masters, will no doubt lean heavily on Marion for help and encouragement with our own pieces, as well as count on him to help with our upcoming events.  Thanks for all you do, Marion.

Major Boone, Secretary, Peach State SAPFM.

Back