" The Woodworking Shows" St. Paul, MN

msiemsen

The Minnesota Chapter will be demonstrating and displaying some furniture at the show in St. Paul
Friday, February 29 / Noon - 7pm
Saturday, March 1 / 10am - 6pm
Sunday, March 2 / 10am - 4pm

RiverCentre
Exhibit Halls A & B
175 West Kellogg Blvd .
St. Paul, MN 55102

Stop by if you are in town. We just found out about this so we only have about 8 days to get ready. Go to their website    <http://thewoodworkingshows.com/stpaul.asp>    and see if there is  a show in your area. It is good publicity for SAPFM and your chapter. It is also free!!
Mike

On February  18th I received an e-mail from David Conley about an upcoming conference call. One of the agenda items was about SAPFM Chapter participation in The Woodworking Shows. I sought some information on when the local show would be.  February  29th!!!!! I checked with Ann Strong of The Woodworking Shows and found out we could still get in. We were down to 8 days to get ready when I received the confirmation. Could we pull it off, would people be willing to work?  Of the 10 regular attenders in our group 8 said they could work at the show.
I cannot say enough about the great group of guys we have in our chapter. We had demonstrations on hammer veneering, making marking gauges, saw filing, planing, carving a ball and claw, making a fan inlay  and best of all making a Windsor chair. Jim Van Hoven lead our group in making the chair and at the end of the 3 days it was done. We agreed to raffle the chair off  to the members who worked in the booth, Bart Genovese won the chair. I am attaching pictures of our booth at the start of the day on Sunday and end of day Sunday with the completed chair, two marking gauges and the tuned up saw. All the members I spoke with said they would do it again. We met many nice people and probably found a few new members. I would recommend that the other chapters do this, it is a great way to fulfill part of the mission statement of SAPFM  and great fun too!
Mike
P.S. You can see a few of the great pieces members had on display in the background.
M.S.

Attachments

• wooworkers show sapfm 002 (Small).jpg
    wooworkers show sapfm 002 (Small).jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 37
  • wooworkers show sapfm 004 (Small).jpg
    wooworkers show sapfm 004 (Small).jpg
    56 KB · Views: 28
  • wooworkers show sapfm 005 (Small).jpg
    wooworkers show sapfm 005 (Small).jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 25
Back