Starting to make banding to sell. It is easier for me to do it for you.

FREDDY ROMAN

Hello everyone I notice that Dover Inlay is out of business and I thought that I would like to make banding to sell to furniture makers.    I am pretty confident that the quality of banding I make will be of your high standard.  I have wide selection that I have made and I am planning to make a lot more.  I will be reproducing a lot of banding found in the Winterthur Federal book.  I will also will be having a production run of lunnette banding, arrow banding and several different ones used by the Seymour's.  Some may think I am crazy yet I love to make banding, it is fun for me and I am fast at it, which means that I can make money at it.  I will be also making the basic black & white, black-white-black, white-black-white, checkered, mahogany cross banding, satinwood cross banding, kingwood cross banding, etc. etc. etc.  the list goes on.  So if your interested please email me @ [email protected].  I am also wiling to make custom banding as well.  Thanks

Freddy 

P.S. I will to teach anyone on how to make banding.  Classes can be one on one or multiple students, your place or mine.

Freddy,

I tried to email this info to you privately, but your hotmail account bounced back the email as undeliverable.

It appears that Don has started a new company:

Dover Designs, LLC
Phone 301-733-0909
Fax 301-733-0063

http://www.doverdesignsllc.com/

Take care, Mike

My email account is [email protected].  Mike thank you for the info in on dover and their inlays.  I have looked through their website and I still think I have a lot to offer that they don't.   I understand that anyone can make basic banding yet what about the more complex ones, example the lunette banding. Now,  when it comes down to proportions and  consistency of craftsmen needs I think that I can satisfy those needs.  Dover has and will always offer more banding, motifs, etc. etc. than I will ever make. Yet I am not here to compete with dover, just offering something else.

Freddy

Ah, I went off your profile's email address, not the one listed for msn.

Freddy, I have no idea of the quality nor the range of patterns from either source--you, nor the old Dover nor the new incarnation.

I was only pointing out that Dover, in some new form, is still around.

I wish you all the best in this new endeavor.

Take care, Mike

Mike,

I understand totally.  It is nice to know that dover is back in business.  I am just thinking that sometimes banding being made by another furniture maker may have a better understanding of the style and proportion of the banding being made.  Yet Dover has and will be offering a lot more than me.  So hey it is what it is. 

Cheers,

Freddy

Well, hopefully if I ever do find time to actually make stuff again, I'll gladly figure out what I need and email you (with the right addy this time!).

I haven't made designs from earlier periods than the turn of the 20th century before, but have always wanted to. So I have compiled a list of furniture from the late 1700s and early 1800s that have piqued my interest with some from the Winterthur Federal book (assuming the Montgomery book).

Got wood. Got tools. Have the skill (I think). Now where can I order "time" on-line?

Take care, Mike

Mike,

Let me just say sometimes I wish I had that issue of where is the time to make furniture. Verses what a Cabinet & Chair Makers has to  live  with in regards of having to deal with all the pressure of getting items in & out of the shop asap. 

Freddy

I will be building a federal style clock and wuold be interested in learnig how to make some bandings.I am in ct.

Back