SAPFM-ORV 2nd Spring Meeting with Jeff Headley and Steve Hamilton April 28 & 29?

David Conley

SAPFM ? ORV Chapter,

The second Spring 2012 Meeting has been set for Saturday April 28 at Brian Neeley?s workshop in Lancaster, Ohio.   There will be a $10 fee to pay for Jeff Headley and Steve Hamilton?s traveling expenses.

At the present time, we do not have a program setup on Sunday.  I assume that we will decide for sure at the first Spring meeting in late March and set the possible Sunday agenda at that time.  

As usual, I will need a head count of who is planning to attend so that we can get the right amount of food.  

Also, this will be a busy time for Brian Neeley.  So I think he will be selling some air dried lumber, but you had better give him a call first.

Brian?s shop will be open at 7 am and closes at 10 pm-ish.  It will be open on Friday, Saturday.  If anyone wants to come early or stay late, you are welcome.

I have received a group rate from the Baymont and we will have plenty of rooms.

Again, this meeting will be free to all SAPFM dues paying members. The proposed agenda is listed below.  If you have a friend who is thinking about joining SAPFM but just isn?t sure, bring them along.  This meeting may help them decide.

Thanks,
David

Society of American Period Furniture Makers
Ohio River Valley Chapter

Proposed AGENDA

SATURDAY, April 28, 2012

1. Open doors at 10:00am
Arrive, relax, have some coffee

2. Introductions and Show & Tell, 11:00am ? 12:00pm
The ?show and tell? is an ice breaker.  Please bring anything you would like to show off.  If you have a special piece, a project or even a jig, please bring them.  For those who haven?t attended a previous meeting, this is a quick introduction, a display of your skills, interests, projects both past and present, jig, etc. It can even be a request for help in a particular area. After we go around the room, we will break for 30 min. During this break, you can seek out the other members who have similar interest and/or have already built a project/jig you want to build. This break will give you the opportunity to meet and establish a new friendship, pick their brains, and continue communicating with them after the meeting. This is extremely helpful for highly specialized niches, like inlays, marquetry, carving, Bombay chest, etc.

2a) Introductions and Show & Tell, 11:00 - 11:30am
  Name, where you live, your past and present projects, classes, and/or your particular interest and your Show & Tell item if you brought one. ?

2b) Break to discuss Show & Tell one-on-one, 11:30am-12:00pm
  Also, we will have another swap meet.  If you have got something to sell or trade, please bring it.  

3. Lunch, 12:00 ? 1:00pm
  The Neeley?s will be taking care of lunch arrangements.

4. Demonstrations
 4a. Jeff Headley and Steve Hamilton talk about Highboys along with jigs and fixtures especially scrapers that they use to profile wood.

SUNDAY, April 29, 2012

5. We do not have an agenda for Sunday at this time.  Looking for suggestions that we can discuss at the first Spring meeting on March 24 & 25 at Rio Grande University.

If you are interested, please contact me for directions to the meeting.
HOTEL ARRANGEMENTS:  

I have reserved rooms at the Baymont Inn (next to the Holiday Inn at the mall) with a group rate under the name of ?SAPFM?.  Please make your reservation by March 30, 2012.

Baymont Inn 740-654-5111
1721 River Valley Cir. N
Lancaster, Ohio 43130
@$84.99 a night plus taxes for a single Queen, plus $5 per extra person
@$87.74 a night plus taxes for a Double, plus $5 per extra person

Could you add me to the spring meeting with Headly and Hamilton.  Also, I need directions to the meeting or the address of Brian's shop

Thanks

Keith Mengel
Great Lakes Chapter
SAPFM Member 1387

Please let me express our greatest appreciation and enjoyment while discussing period furniture construction to a great group of cabinetmakers. It is always a pleasure to be able to discuss construction techniques to any one that will listen. I do apologize about our time restrains and hope to make it up in the future.

Back