SAPFM Mid Year Conference

Registration will be open by April 15.
This year the conference will be held at Old Sturbridge Village (OSV), Sturbridge, Massachusetts, on June 14 and 15. The Friday museum trip on June 13 will be to Historic Deerfield. We have met with Phil Zea and his staff at Historic Deerfield. A presentation by Phil is planned, followed by our group breaking up into smaller groups (seven or eight people each) to spend the rest of the day on guided and self-guided tours through a number of the period houses they maintain. We’ll also have in-depth visits to their renowned “Into the Woods” exhibition; the Visible Storage area in the Flynt Center of Early New England Life; and “The Furniture Masterworks: Tradition and Innovation in Western Massachusetts” exhibition, a part of the “Four Centuries of Massachusetts Furniture” program.

Saturday’s round of rotations features Steve Brown, Tad Fallon, and Steve Latta. We’re changing the format a little this year, and will have two keynote speakers on Sunday morning. Robert Mussey will speak on "Boston's Classical Furniture by Isaac Vose, 1810-1825. . . and Others to Be Named." Our second keynote speaker, Peter Follansbee, will be speaking on “The Other Period Furniture: 17th-Century Furniture and Furniture Making.”

Meals at Old Sturbridge Village look great, and room blocks have been set up at a number of local hotels. There are also a number of campgrounds in the area should you prefer to go that route. Old Sturbridge Village has plenty of activities for spouses, and Mickey Callahan has volunteered to set these up for us.

Old Sturbridge Village has some great collections that you don’t want to miss. Their clock collection is spectacular. I am working with the OSV curators to set up some behind-the-scenes tours for Sunday afternoon (after the conference).

As an added bonus, we’re setting up some optional programs for Monday, June 16. In the works are a possible behind-the-scenes tour of the Wadsworth Atheneum furniture collection, a possible visit to the Yale Art Gallery Furniture Study, and a hands-on class with restoration expert Tad Fallon.
Stay tuned for more info.
Bob Van Dyke

The registration link in the Midyear description page does not appear as a link on my iPad. Is there another link somewhere.  It says "additional information including registration can be found "here" but the word does not appear as a link.  I am signed in as member.

Dale: it's not yet up on any machine I use.  I think they haven't posted it yet.
You set your alarm before I did.

Paul

Registration is now open for the 2014 Mid year conference at Old Sturbridge Village.
Let me know if you have any questions about the conference or if you have any problems with the on line registration-

Bob Van Dyke

Back