Rock River Valley Chapter Spring Meeting

David Gooding

Dear SAPFM members,

The chapter for Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, and Wisconsin areas was approved by the Executive Council Sunday evening. In the review of the application for the chapter, it was suggested that a name other than "Midwest" be used; "Rock River Valley" chapter was approved. I want to thank Brooke Smith, David Conley, and Mark Arnold for their help in getting things set up.

As in woodworking, you have to start somewhere.  The first meeting of the Society of American Period Furniture Makers Rock River Valley Chapter will be held on Saturday, April 30, 2011, at my workshop in Garden Prairie, Illinois 61038. I am looking for a couple of presenters for the afternoon session.

Tentative agenda:  9-9:30 am Coffee, 9:30-10:00 Introductions, 10:00-12:00 Show and Tell, 12:00-1:00 Lunch (hamburgers and hot dogs from the grill, my treat, if you have other dietary needs bring a lunch and I'll put in the refrigerator for you.), 1:00-2:00 Business meeting (setting chapter goals and interests), 2:00-4:00 Presentations on various subjects - please let me know if you would like to give a presentation. If you are planning on staying overnight, please let me know and I will see about getting a block of rooms.

I am looking forward to meeting you and sharing information.

Dave Gooding
[email protected]

Back