RE: Second Spring 2011 Chapter Meeting Agenda June 12 Don McConnell

David Conley

SAPFM ? ORV Chapter,

The Second Spring 2011 Meeting is a one day only meeting and has been set for Sunday, June 12 at Brian Neeley?s workshop in Lancaster, Ohio. 

As usual, I will need a head count of who is planning to attend so that we can get the right amount of food. 

This will be prime farming season so Charles Murray will be handling the food for this meeting. 

Brian?s shop will be open at 10 am and closes right after the meeting. 

I have listed the same hotel we used for our first Spring meeting.  However, we will be competing for rooms with local graduations.  I was only able to get 10 rooms this time.  So if you need a room, please make your reservation by the cutoff date of May 18.

Again, this meeting will be free to all dues paying SAPFM members. The proposed agenda is listed below. 

Thanks,
David

Society of American Period Furniture Makers
Ohio River Valley Chapter

Proposed AGENDA

SUNDAY, June 12, 2011

1. Open doors at 10:00am
Arrive, relax, have some coffee

We are not going to have ?show and tell? at this meeting.  We are going to jump right in and start our program at 11:00.  Then break for lunch from 12:00 to 1:00, and finish the demonstration.

2. Demonstration 11:00am ? 12:00pm

Don McConnell of Old Street Tools, Inc (formerly Clark & Williams) will be talking about wooden hand planes.  He will also include a brief history of his company and about 18th century hand planes.  He will discuss how to make a wooden hand plane and the common problems associated with the simple and complex wooden planes.  He will also discuss how to solve these problems.  So, if you are having problems with a wooden plane, please bring it to the meeting and Don will be happy to answer your questions and help you to solve the planes? problems.  Finally, Don will make a complex molding by using his company?s plane in the 18th century style.

3. Lunch, 12:00pm ? 1:00pm
  Charles Murray will be taking care of lunch arrangements, probable Subways.

4. Demonstration continue 1:00pm ? 5:00pm

DIRECTIONS TO BRIAN NEELEY?S WORKSHOP:
(Please send me an Email  for Directions)

HOTEL ARRANGEMENTS: 

I have reserved rooms at the Baymont Inn (next to the Holiday Inn at the mall). Please make your reservation by May 18, 2011.

Baymont Inn 740-654-5111
1721 River Valley Cir. N
Lancaster, Ohio 43130
@$84 a night plus taxes

Back