RE: Mary May Carving Class, June 3 & 4, 2013

David Conley

Mary May Carving Class, June 3 & 4, 2013

We are trying to setup a Mary May Carving Class at Rio Grande University on Monday and Tuesday June 3 & 4, 2013 like we did a couple of years ago with Mary May.  We have several different classes that we can choose from.  We are rough estimating the cost of the class to be about $100 to 125.  The final cost will be the total expense divided by the number of attendees with any excess going to Mary May.  If available, and you would like the accompanying DVD and/or casting for the class, that would be an extra (and well worth it) charge. 

If you are interested in taking a class, please tell us which class(es) you are interested in taking and are willing to put down a $125 deposit on.  If it is just one class, then list just that one class.  If you are interested in say three classes, then list all three classes.  Depending on the interest and availability, we may see if we can add a second class like last time.  We will determine the amount for the class and start collecting the deposits sometime in the near future. 

Please email your choices to Bob Compton [email protected] and me, ASAP.  We only have a couple of weeks to finalize this.

The choices for the classes are:

1)  Acanthus leaf drawing and carving (knee carvings for a cabriole leg, turned post, applied ?)
2)  Deep Acanthus leaf (see photo below)
3)  Ball & Claw
4)  MacIntire Fruit Basket
5)  Scallop Shell

Thanks all,
David

I would like to attend this class if it is still open.  The acanthus leaf, ball & claw or shell are of the most interest to me.  I currently working on learing gardoon carving.  Any assistance with this would be helpful.

Thanks,

Keith Mengel
Great Lakes Chapter

Back