Pennsylvania Spice Box

Jeff Saylor

News Flash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

I just ordered "The Pennsylvania Spice Box:  Paneled Doors and Secret Drawers" by Lee Ellen Griffith from Amazon.com for $25.00!  Could it be possible that there finally has been a second printing?  4-6 weeks for delivery.

Jeff,

I wish you well with the purchase of the spicebox book.  Please let us know if it has been reprinted.

Please note, though, that Amazon.com has sold books in the past that they apparently don't have, can't get and at unbelievably low prices.
I am still waiting for an order that I placed over six months ago for The Art and Mystery of Tennessee Furniture and Its Makers Through 1850 at the unbelievably low price of $73.50.  Amazon just continues to extend the expected delivery date.  My thought is that they are combing their warehouses for my book or trying to figure out what it is about their inventory system that allows such foolishness.  At any rate, I keep grinning and waiting!

Kent

Jeff I ordered the spice book from Amazon. They say will ship in march 2007.  I have been trying to find a copy for three years.  Let me know if you recieve please.  Thanks  blackbird  Tom ford  [email protected]

Well,  the 4-6 week delivery time came and passed in February and March.  I did get an email from them pushing back the delivery date- just as Kent said they would!  And, I can't say I'm waiting by the mailbox daily with excitement anymore!

I RECIEVED AN EMAIL STATING THAT THERE IS SOME DELAY ON THE BOOK AND IF I WANT TO CANCEL MY ORDER I CAN OR WAIT.

FREDDY ROMAN

Well,  it's official-  I just recieved notice from Amazon of cancellation of my order due to no copies available.  Sure wish there was a reprinting!

On May 11th, I received notice from Amazon.com of the cancellation of my order for Lee Ellen Griffith's Pennsylvania Spice Box book.  Great place Amazon.com!

Today, May 19th,  I received still another notice from Amazon.com asking that I allow an extension of the time for them to locate a new copy of The Art and Mystery of Tennessee Furniture and Its Makers Through 1850.  Amazon "sold" this nice book to me for $73.50 on September 1, 2006.  Hopefully they will locate that copy they are looking for soon - HA!  HA!

This Amazon.com might be a great marketplace for some things but for out of print furniture books - AMAZON STINKS!

I have been thinking about contacting someone in the great State of Ohio government and see if there is any issue here with truth in advertising.  Hopefully there is.  There should be some law(s) somewhere that should penalize folks for advertising wares they don't have, can't get and at outrageously low prices.

Kent

I contacted Lee Ellen Griffith and the Chester County Historical Society (CCHS holds the copyright) No reprint in sight.
Mike Siemsen

Back