MARCH MEETING

N

NLandry

SHOP TALK & OPEN FORUM DISCUSSION

The Lone Star Chapter of the Society of American Period Furniture Makers will meet on Saturday, March 8, 2008, at the home and shop of Gerry Shoemaker, 3718 Aspenwood, Richmond, Texas  77469 (281-342-4253 ) at 10:00 A.M.  Mapquest should be able to give you good directions.
[size=12pt]In response to many requests, we are going to have a round table discussion on many different topics.  "How is that made?"  "Finishing Protocols"  "How do I research a project?", etc.  Bring your questions and woodworking problems and solutions to ask the group.  Bring your project pictures if you have any, jigs or fixtures that you have made or anything else that might be of interest to the group.  We can all benefit from each others' experience and knowledge.  This will be a great opportunity for our newer members to meet everyone.

[size=12pt]Jim Thompson will give a report on the Williamsburg Conference - "Working Wood in the Eighteenth Century - Tools, Tool Chests and Workbenches".  We have a few business items to discuss such as the upcoming carving class taught by Mary May, The Woodworking Show and other upcoming programs.

[size=12pt]WE WILL BE GRILLING HAMBURGERS !  Our host, Gerry Shoemaker, will be providing lunch for everyone and as usual, I will bring the drinks ( and my famous BBQ beans ).
[size=12pt]Bring your folding chair and your questions!  Seek out other members who have similar interests and/or have already built a project/jig you want to build.

[size=12pt]I hope evryone can make it!.....See you March 8th.

Back