last meeting and new dates

john previti

Hi Folks,
    We recently had a small meeting at my workshop for talk and planning and showing off various things.  Always fun to have  fellow woodworkers around.  We also had a new member come and join us from the other side of Reading who showed off some nice pictures of work he has done, John Porter.  John missed us at the workshop but caught up with us as we traveled to Jim Rendi's workshop for some demo's on how to make windsor chairs.
    We set 2 dates for next meetings: the 3rd saturday in March , the 19th and the 3rd saturday in October, the 15th.
    We all are thinking hard in our heads about Jim Rendi place for a summer fest with activities and vendors.  Its a great spot.  But just talk so far.  Other names have come up as locations for meetings.  Chuck Bender's school ( I love visiting other folks workshop, or even if they have a school so much the better) so Chuck if you are reading, can we come over?  Several folks also thought they would like to sign up for a chairmaking course at Jim Rendi's.  Of course my shop.  Jim Chesterton (NJ) , Jeff Saylor (Miffilintown, near state college), Rich Nimitz (south nj) , Bob Butow (north jersey) and also Alan Turners place in Phila.  So we are working on ideas. and welcome any new ones.  Anyone not mentioned who would like to host a meeting and several folks have done over the years and its always turned out well so no fear.
    We listed activities for future meetings,
pick some small projects to work on as a group.  I had a small wine bottle holder that is a nice one that could be done in a day possibly.
demo ontechniques, techniques on recent projects inlay etc.  Historical projects, repros and talks about them, visit to museams and historical societies, visit Hearne hardwoods, Talaricos, Ron Manns custom sawmill, William Kerfoots place below oxford, he sells used woodworking and metalworking equip, I have been there before its worthwhile, bring some money but be careful you will be tempted.  Antique stores like , C.L Pricketts, Chalfonts or Philip Bradleys.  Also visit Alan Turners place again
I also like doing my trip to nyc for americana weekend at sothebys and the antique show at the 7th regiment but that happens to be the winter extravaganza in williamsberg weekend.
    Anyway that's all for now
best to all and happy holidays
John Previti

Back