"I love it when a plan comes together." -- Lt. Col. John "Hannible" Smith

Gerald

We’ll, I wish I could claim that it’s been a long and difficult process to lay the groundwork for the first SAPFM Gateway meeting this fall but the truth is that all it’s taken is a few phone calls and a few emails and things have really begun to fall into place.  I may be singing a different tune in September.

The working itinerary is as follows:

Saturday, Sept. 19, 2009

9:00-9:30      meet and greet at St. Louis Artists Guild
9:30-10:30    show-and-tell
10:30-11:30  Boris Khechoyan presentation
11:30-12:30  lunch
1:00-1:30      travel to St. Louis Art Museum
2:00-4:00      museum guided tour
4:00-4:30      general discussion on what the Gateway chapter should be all about
4:30-5:00      specific discussion on spring meeting
5:00               wrap up and goodbye

As you can see, at this point the line-up is still pretty loose.  Although I am really excited about Boris’ presentation and the guided tour at the St. Louis Art Museum, I think the show-and-tell has the greatest potential—it only requires two things.  You show…you tell.  What I mean is the most import thing the group has to offer is what you’ve got to bring:

Plans for a project you’ve been thinking about; your current piece in process, a finished example of your finest work—bring it.  And if you just can’t bring yourself to strap your pride and joy Chippendale chest-on-chest to the top of your SUV and drive 200 miles then bring the pictures or email them to me and I’ll set up a slide show on my laptop.  (If you’ve got a projector bring that or you were president of your high school A&V club let me know and I’ll put you to work.)  Bring your ideas, bring your questions, and bring your problems (preferably just the woodworking ones).  Bring it all bring it on.  If you or someone you know in the area is a tool maker, parts supplier or provide any kind of product or service that your fellow SAPFM members would be interested in, let me know and hopefully some of your fellow members will bring their wallets.  Most of all bring a friend who isn’t already a SAPFM member but should be and I’ll bring a sign-up form.

What I need now is your thoughts on the itinerary and an idea of just how many of you are planning on attending.   So drop me a line here or at [email protected]

See you in September!

Back