Hand Tool Storage Wall

Steve Branam

I recently completed this storage wall for my hand tools. This has proved to be an extremely popular topic on my blog, since taming loose tools is a constant challenge. The construction methods and materials are very simple (and a bit crude at times!), but effective. As one commenter said, the important thing is time in the shop, not time on the shop.

As a hobbyist, my tools are a random collection of flea market finds, antique tool dealer purchases, and premium items, from the last 150 years.

For more photos and details, see http://www.closegrain.com/2011/02/workshop-reorganization.html.

Attachments

• ToolWallLeft400.jpg
    ToolWallLeft400.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 132
  • ToolWallRight400.jpg
    ToolWallRight400.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 112
Steve, that looks great! You've done a nice job, especially on your tills.

Only draw back I see is it would make it too easy for the spousal unit to keep inventory. :)

steve, thats quite an impressive collection. you did a great job of planning things out. my wall of tools is much more haphazzard with items being placed as they are aquired and with places that they'll fit. i'm glad that you shared this as i enjoy seeing how other woodworkers store tools, set up work benches, and shops etc. i would like to see more photos of other shops as well. if i can figure out how to post a pic i will try to send in some of my own. maybe others will follow suit.

Back