Great Lakes Fall 2016 meeting- full agenda

amessimer

The Great Lakes Chapter fall meeting has been set for Saturday and Sunday, October 22 and 23, 2016 at the Livonia Senior Center in Livonia, Michigan.

This SAPFM meeting is open to all SAPFM dues paying members and their guests.

This meeting will include a paid presentation on Saturday. Tony Kubalak will be presenting various carving techniques of 18th century furniture elements. The price will be $50 per person which includes our usual $5 fee for the room and snacks.

We will be having lunch Saturday at the restaurant next door, Sam’s Place.

We have reservations for dinner at the Rusty Bucket in Northville to follow the meeting Saturday night.

The "show and tell" session has been moved to Sunday, however, for members planning to attend both days, you can still bring your items to share Saturday. There will be some time before the presentation to informally discuss your projects. And of course, if anyone has any tools they wish to sell, this can happen at any time there is a break in the meeting.

On Sunday, I am in need of a volunteer to give a 30 minute presentation. If interested please send me a message in the next week or so.

Anyone wishing to attend, please RSVP with me by October 17 so that we may have a badge for you or your guest. If you have already responded to the previous email regarding this presentation, you do not need to RSVP again.

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Doors open at 8:30AM

10:00 to 5:00 Presentation from Tony Kubalak. We will take a lunch break at noon at Sam’s Place next door to the Senior Center.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

9:00 to 9:30 Show and tell- Bring any completed piece or any piece under construction to discuss and show off. Swap and Swindle – bring anything you wish to sell or trade.

9:30- 10:30 Arch-top raised panel door by hand with Andrew Messimer

10:30- 11:00  Dale Ausherman will share his experiences in a recent class with Jeff Headly and Steve Hamilton.

11:00- 11:30 Open- please contact me if you have a presentation you can share.

11:30 Wrap up, discuss topics for Spring 2017 meeting

Location of the Livonia Senior Center: 15218 Farmington Road, Livonia, MI 48154. Telephone: 734-466-2555

Location of the Rusty Buckey: 15400 Sheldon Rd, Northville, MI 48168

Recommended Motel: Livonia Marriott

Attached to Laurel Park Place, the Livonia Marriott features 224 well-appointed guest rooms, an indoor pool, whirlpool and fitness center. Located in the hotel, visit Sweet Lorraine’s for breakfast, lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch.

Phone: 734-462-3100

If you plan on attending, please  RSVP to [email protected] or leave a message here.

Thanks to everyone for participating in our meetings

Andrew Messimer

Just a reminder; next weekend is the Great Lakes chapter meeting. If you have not rsvp'd, please do so so that we can have name tag ready for you. Leave a message here or email to [email protected].

Hope to see you there. Thanks, Andrew

Back