Great Lakes Chapter Update

Jim Crammond

Yesterday, we held the Spring meeting of the Great Lakes Chapter of SAPFM. In my opinion, we had a successful meeting. My thanks go out to all who attended, especially Dale Ausherman, Rich Herbert, Doug Moulder, David Boeff and Andrew Messimer for their presentations. I would also like to thank Luke Barnett for hosting us at Sam Beauford Woodworking Institute(SBWWI).

A date has been set for our Autumn Meeting, October 28, 2023. The topic of the meeting will be carving and will tentatively be led by Mary May. She will be teaching a week long class at SBWWI the previous week. The Great Lakes Chapter is ascertaining if she would be available the following Saturday to give a presentation at our meeting. There will be some costs associated with her presentation that will have to be covered by meeting attendees. Those costs are being determined.

Lastly, the Great Lakes Chapter has been asked to participate in the Great Lakes Woodworking Festival at SBWWI on June 17th and 18th. The format of our display would be similar to the events that we participated in at the DIA. Members will be encouraged to bring examples of their work to exhibit and also demonstrate hand woodworking skills. The space that has been offered to us is inside and will be secured overnight.

Back