Friday night -- friends, pints and period furniture

Gerald

Early on in the planning process for this fall's meeting, the suggestion was made that we have an informal get together the night before the meeting (informal? as if the meeting itself is a black tie affair). somewhere between then and now, that idea got lost. In the time that's left until then (this Friday night) it may be worth discussing the idea again.  

Actually the idea originally came from SAPFM Executive Council member David Conley, who literally wrote the book on chapter formation and organizing meetings.  Last year, three of us met at a quiet hotel pub here in St. Louis that is no longer open but had an English period furniture theme.  I can honestly say that I enjoyed the evening before more than I did the actual meeting. Saturday was about the period furniture but Friday night was about the people -- casual conversation with new friends and all that.

So anyway, I don't know if anyone else is interested but Cal Hobbs and I plan to get together Friday night for a few drinks, stories and laughs--oh yeah and period furniture talk too.  We hope you'll join us.  We haven't decided where yet so we're open to suggestions.  

As always, please RSVP.
[email protected]

Back