Fall meeting developments

Gerald

I met with the Officers / planning committee of the St. Louis Woodworkers Guild (www.stlwoodworkersguild.org) tonight to discuss the formation of the SAPFM Gateway Regional Chapter and the Sept. 19 meeting.  Despite plenty of good-natured ribbing ("You can start by getting rid of that tie!" and "How'd a kid like you get interested in period furniture?") the eight or nine guys I met with we're generally interested in SAPFM and as Scott Wunder SLWG president put it, open to whatever synergy may develop between the two groups.  Obviously period furniture is a pretty focused interest that wont appeal to everyone in SLWG, however, the officers (including two who were already pretty familiar with SAPFM) felt that there are probably enough members of their group who are interested to warrant inviting me back to speak briefly before the whole group on Aug 20.  I'm thankful for their receptiveness and excited by the complimentary missions of the two groups.  I am confident that good things will come from working together.  I'd like thank Boris Khechoyan for introducing me to the Guild.

I also spoke to the St. Louis Art Museum today.  In previous posts I've had the day split between the SL Artists Guild in the morning and the Museum in the afternoon.  The museum has offered the use of one of their private dining rooms as a conference rooms free of charge as long as we use their food and beverage service.  Here is the email they sent me confirming the offer:

Our Private Dining Room is adjacent to the restaurant.  The $150 room rental will be waived so long as you have food and beverage service.  We can set the tables up how ever you need them arranged based on the number of people you expect.  Lunch will be ordered from the menu and served.  If the group is under 20 guests we can do separate checks.  If over that number then we can offer one check per table of 6.  Coffee service in the morning is $3 per person, plus tax and 24% service charge with a 20 person minimum.  You could also add breakfast foods if you like.  This has to go through catering so arrangements and payment would have to be made in advance.  I am attaching the catering menus.  The options would be on the snack break page.  If your group stays past 3pm we will need to add a $75 labor fee to have catering staff stay and clean up the room.  With the Great Forrest Park Balloon Race that day all your guests will want to arrive early and expect to take 30-60 minutes to get out of the park in the afternoon.  

This sounds like a much better arrangement to me but I would really appreciate your input.  Sept 19 is only a month away so I really need to nail some of this down as soon as possible.  Please leave a post or email me ([email protected]) with your thoughts.

Back