Demi-Lune Table w/Will Neptune @ CVSW

FREDDY ROMAN

Hello All,

With permission I would like to inform you all of a upcoming course with Will Neptune @ CVSW (Connecticut Valley School of Woodworking).  The last time I posted a course several society members signed up and loved it.  So I thought I would do it again. 
Info is as follows:

We are pleased to welcome back well known furniture maker and author, Will Neptune for this exciting and informative new class. Will has written numerous articles for Fine Woodworking magazine and taught traditional furniture-making techniques at the North Bennet Street School for many years in addition to his own commission furniture work. Students will have the unique opportunity to build a Federal style Demi-lune table under Will’s guidance. Inspired by the card tables made popular during the Federal Period, the demi-lune eliminates the hinged top and swinging leg support resulting in a small hall table that also provides students a good introduction to curved work, veneering and inlay. The basic table can be embellished with a variety of effects, giving each student a chance to personalize their table. Some of the skills you will learn in this class include; utilizing the "bricking" method to build up the curved front, veneering the curved front apron, joining the legs to the curved apron along with numerous embellishment techniques. These decorative effects include stringing, banding and inlay work. The class will be organized so that students will complete the fabrication of parts, the veneer work and the joinery. Demonstrations will cover making simple bandings, sand-shading veneer for inlays, and using shop made "scratch stocks". An extra sample leg will also be made which students can use to practice the several decorative options. Students should expect to complete the decorations, clean-up and finish work at home. Don’t miss this opportunity to make an heirloom piece under the direction of one of this country’s leading craftsmen. Tuition: $ (Can be found on the website) plus materials

Section 080309A:                Monday - Saturday,                August 3 - 8,          9:00am - 5:00pm

Back