Cuban mahogany (from FL) for sale

Mark Arnold

To whom it may concern: My name is Jack Kepler, I was told of your website by the good folks at Irion Lumber. I have been salvageing and collecting Cuban Mahogany from hurricanes here in the florida keys for the last 30 years. I have milled it into 4/4-20/4 lumber, mostly flat sawn. I also build furniture but have a bigger problem right now...Diagnosed with cancer 6 months ago I have not been able to work at top speed and fallen into debt. The good news is in an effort to raise some money I am willing to sell off much of my inventory, ( 5,000-6,000 bf) at  greatly reduced prices. Depending on how much a person is willing to buy I will sell stock that is normally  20.00-30.00 bf for as little as 8.00-12.00 bf.  If anyone in your group  is interested, please contact me.  Cell# 305-394-5062  Email: [email protected]    I can send pix of inventory or some of the finished products I have made.  Lots of ribbon grain and others  all the best...jack kepler

FWIW, Google search turns up this

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/04/07/Floridian/Real_Florida__The_man.shtml

Boy, this has group order all over it.  I'm envisioning all the members of SAPFM getting together and buying the whole lot, then distributing the lumber all over the country.  Anyone taking a road trip to Florida soon?

I live in Florida on the west coast but am currently in Asia until 12/27. I've already contacted Jack and let him know the same and that I would be looking to stop and have a look at his inventory.  I am also planning on driving from Florida to New york the third week in January and if everything can be coordinated including some help with the delivery I might be able to make stops along the way.  I will wait for some photos and see what the material looks like before I commit to the endeavor. Incidentally I have been a professional woodworker for 40 years and I am confident in my abilities to select lumber.  If any one wants to consider this I can be reached at [email protected]
Ross

Really neat story, all the best to Jack and his family during this holiday season.

Just returned from a road trip to visit and purchase mahogany for an up-comming project.  I was pleased with the selection and quality of Jack's hurricane salvaged Cuban mahogany.  Boards were heavy (dense) and with good grain.  If you've always wanted to work with this species you might want to take advantage of this opportunity.

Back