Computer/Forum Time

Kent A. Ryan

Margaret - Great job in getting the Forum changed over in such a short amount of time.  I would bet that it seemd a lot longer a period to you as you worked on it.
The Forum time that I am seeing is about three hours behind EDT - thought I would ask if that is my issue or.....

Thanks,

Kent

The clock is indeed showing Pacific Standard Time because the programmer lives in that time zone. It will be changed to reflect EST on our forum.

Margaret

I am sure many members on the East coast didn't realize there is more than 1 time zone. Great job on the change over.
Mike CST

There is a way to change the time that appears when you are logged in. Click the "Profile" button and select "Look and Layout Preferences." There you will see the option of adding or subtracting hours to reflect your time zone. This will not change the time on the forum home page, but it will show your time zone when you are logged in and using the forum.

Margaret

Margaret,

Thanks, I have adjusted my profile as you suggested - works fine!

To: Mike,

I wanted to share an email that I received this AM - 0637 hours GMT (-3)!

"Kent,

I too had noticed that the time displayed on the Forum clock did not comport with the time displayed on the clocks here in my shop.  I was pleased to be informed of the manner in which I could make adjustments to my Forum clock.  Also, I have for the past while been musing over the recent email post from "Mike CST."  I found myself wondering how many clocks there could even be in the wilderness beyond the Colonies and what possible need that band of adventurers might have for their own time zone."

Warmest regards,

J. Townsend, Newport, R. I."

Back