Completed Commission

FREDDY ROMAN

Hello All,

Attach is a recent completed commission that I wanted to share with everyone.  Any questions please feel free.  I had to make the image smaller so the quality won't be great.  Yet I think all of you can get the drift.

Freddy Roman

Attachments

• Smaller.JPG
    Smaller.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 220
Looks like you had the hatchet out again!!!!! So how much time did you have in this?
I've been wanting to get ahold of you anyway, I tried to check out your website a couple of times since the conference and can't get on it!

Mark,

In regards to the website it is all on the web designer.  The site is getting closer and closer for draft # 2.  So God willing it be up and running full time soon.  I had 8 weeks of construction and it sat in the shop for 2 more weeks for the finishing process.  It was nice meeting you in PA.

Good Luck,

Fred.

Freddy what a great piece. In fact my wife likes it so much she asked me to build one for our 10th anniversary. our 10th is in August so it will probably not be ready until our 20th. But I am hopefull to start this winter.

So hopefully I can pick your brain about building this piece. Especially the mirror section, and a few of the bandings.

I've been modeling it in sketchup and I am pretty close to done.

Attachments

• Seymour.jpg
    Seymour.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 86
Freddy - A question.  Most original mirrors from the colonial period and later federal pieces have very thin glass - to the point where it will distort the image if you put your finger on it and lightly press.

So my question is, if you reproduced that effect, where'd you get the glass, and how did you silver it?  Professional service, or with a silvering kit?

Wow!  That looks great Freddy!  Fantastic.  I'm sure your client will be very happy.  Nice work.

Tony

ttalma,

Please contact me @ [email protected] for any questions you may have in regards to the chest. If interested I can make you the banding necessary. 

dkeller_nc 

I just purchased an extra thin mordern day mirror per request of the client.  I have taken old glass and perform some silvering but, I am not satisfied with the outcome just yet.  There is a manufacture in New York that gets mirrors that has been antiqued  from Switzerland.  Once I find the info again I will post it on the forum. 

Freddy

Freddy, Exceptional work, is in order, hope your thanking you maker, for giving you the opportunity.

Joseph

Back