Baize

Hi to all who are in search of baize.
I am the owner of Londonderry Brasses, Ltd. and I have 26 colors of baize available.
My most popular color is Loden Green, which I had custom dyed to match the soft green color seen on
antique gaming tables and writing surfaces.

The Loden Green is 75% wool, 25 % nylon, 65 inches wide, 20 oz./yard $60/yard

I also have available Red, Camel, Pool Hall Green, Burgundy, Steel Grey, Black Dark Green, Wine, Spruce, Slate, Titanium, Charcoal, Navy, Khaki, Taupe, Mustard, Brick, Gold, Brown, Olive, English Green, Tournament Green, Electric Blue, Marina, Purple.
85% wook, 15% nylon,  65 inches wide, 20 oz./yard $66/yard

I am fine selling less than a yard. But I do try to cut it to 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 etc. of a yard.

I hope this has been of help to anyone in need of baize.
Nancy Cogger Andersen of Londonderry Brasses, Ltd.

Nancy,

I tried your baize once but the edges frayed when cut which made it impossible to glue down and have a smooth uniform edge. Does this still happen?

Years ago I sold a hand-woven baize that was very prone to fraying, perhaps that is what you purchased in the past. This felt baize that I am now selling does not fray as far as I know. I have never had any complaints from anyone.
Nancy at Londonderry Brasses, Ltd.

I used Londonderry's baize in Loden Green about two years ago to refurbish a period Sheraton writing desk top and it was really nice to work with. I had no problems with fraying. I posted about it back then. I think Nancy will provide you with small samples if you'd like to see it. It is definitely worth looking into and much better than the stuff sold for billiard tables.

Craig

I am building a Seymour Ladies writing desk and will need some baize soon. I will contact you,
thanks

Dan

Thank you for providing this for us, Nancy. I will be calling to order someday down the road. I've always winced having to use billiard felt.

Back