Al Breed's Ball and Claw carving class

neophyte

Just finished 2 days of class in Long Island with Al Breed. The full day classes focused on carving the ball and claw foot. Al did a fantastic job of  explaining the differences between several regional designs.  His knowledge, clear explanations, and demonstrations assisted each novice carver to complete their first such undertaking. Al's energy and commitment to teaching was commendable. A very positive experience was had by all.

Mark

I've taken three classes with Al at his shop in New Hampshire this year, and I couldn't agree more. Al is a great teacher, and is incredibly flexible. I would encourage anyone interested in improving their period furniture-making skills to give his school a try.

John

Ditto.

Al is a master craftsman, an excellent and patient teacher, and a heckuva nice guy.
I took his federal carving class (McIntyre fruit basket) and had an excellent experience.
Al teaches at many venues, but if you can, take a class at his shop north of Portsmouth N.H. You get to see "the artist in his studio" which is worth the trip.

Howard Steier

Great to hear! I'm signed up for the same class next weekend at his school. This is my first attempt at carving, so I'm expecting a good challenge, really looking forward to it!

Back