Author Topic: Townsend Block-front chest  (Read 5577 times)

Stephen Gaal

• Forum Apprentice
  • Period furniture
Townsend Block-front chest
« on: June 22, 2008, 08:41:11 AM »
I am looking for plans for a Townsend block-front chest (not a knee hole. )  Does anyone have a set they would be willing to share or sell?

Thank you.

Stephen Gaal
[email protected]
(603) 651 9183
Stephen Gaal

[email protected]

Interest is in 18th century furniture including Queen Anne, Chippendale and Federal.

dkeller_nc

• Forum Master
Re: Townsend Block-front chest
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 11:50:54 AM »
Stephen - I'm not aware of anyone that has accurate plans for a block-front chest of drawers for sale specifically.  However, you should contact Alan Breed, as it's quite possible that he has built one of these, and more than likely gotten access to completely go over one of the originals.  Even if he doesn't have a set of plans to sell you, he might be able to answer specific construction/joinery questions.
Period Furniture & Carving as a hobby - about 20 years woodworking

Stephen Gaal

• Forum Apprentice
  • Period furniture
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 03:12:30 PM »
Thank you.  I will make contact with Allan and ask him.  Good thought!

Stephen Gaal
Stephen Gaal

[email protected]

Interest is in 18th century furniture including Queen Anne, Chippendale and Federal.

Stephen Gaal

• Forum Apprentice
  • Period furniture
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 08:29:23 PM »
HELP!!!

I am looking for the person, I believe Jay Stallman, to whom I e-mailed a Google Sketchup file for a Newport Block front that I have been working on within the last week.  Two days ago I had a hard disk drive failure, and my backups have not been working due to a new OS, etc. etc., etc.

If you are the personn I sent it two, and you still have it, I would be very grateful if you could e-mail me a copy back.

Thanks very much.
Stephen Gaal

[email protected]