WTB or Trade for: Hollow & Round Pairs - 1/4" & 1/2"

I need these two pairs for an upcoming project so I figured I'd see if anyone has some they'd like to part with. I would prefer Greenfield with the below stamp in #2 (1/4") and #6 (1/2") but since this might be too specific to find by the time I need them I'll consider other maker's pairs as well. I would like to keep the numbering consistent with what I already have though, not that it matters in use, just a personal preference. So the 1/4" pair should be #2 and the 1/2" pair should be #6.

Here's the Greenfield stamp:
Greenfield Stamp

I'm willing to pay a fair agreed upon price or I can also offer some other planes in trade.

Matched pair of H&R in #6, 3/8". About as perfect as one can hope for. Marked J. OSBORN. I think they are English but I can't say for sure.
OSBORN #6 H&R

Auburn Tool #8, 5/8" hollow. In Fine condition. No mate with this one but Auburn's are pretty easy to find.
Auburn #8 Hollow

Bensen & Crannell 2" Skew Rabbet. Slight staining but a fine user.
2" Skew Rabbet

Please email if interested in a sale or trade.

Thanks!

Bob

Really depends on the mfg. The numbers don't really translate from one make to another. I think an Ohio/Sandusky #6 was 7/8" but an Auburn is 1/2", the Osborns I have pictured above are 3/8". Many of the English planes used 16ths of an inch increments up until about the #12 (3/4") and then switched to 1/8" increments. So in that system, the #6 (6/16") would be 3/8". However, this system was not followed by everyone and most manufacturers seemed to have their own way of numbering things. That's why it's better to specify the inch size needed rather than the # since the numbers are not consistent from one make to another.

Back