Windsor chairmakers head count

Jim

It's been awhile since I've been on this forum, but alas...here I am. I've been away from chair making for a bit, but I am now seeking logs to get started again.

So tell me, how many members of this forum actively pursue Windor chairmaking or chairmaking that involves the fundamentals of Windsor chairmaking???......and sorry.....I got nothing to say about Krispy Kreme doughnuts....I'm trying to lose weight!

I'm in the midst of building a timber-framed workshop, one of which's functions will be Windsor chair making.

Cheers,
Dan Miller
No. Greenbush, NY

I've made a few, but haven't done any for about 5 years now.  It kind of gets boring doing them after a while.  Besides, the house has all the Windsors it needs now.

I make windsors occasionally.  Have done about 35 so far.  It goes in spurts, I'll make 4 then nothing for a few years.

I make American Windsor chairs. I Have been researching English Windsors. Does anyone know where one could get a close look at examples of English Windsors, in particular, the Gothis style? I am interested in getting close enough to look at contruction techniques and getting some measurements. Thanks.
Brent Blackwell

I have been making American Windsor Chair Reproductions for over twelve years.  I have made more than 400 windsors, period pieces between 1740 and 1800. 

the only Windsor that i have any experience with is the single Windsor knot for my neck ties. with my next project i hope to start doing more chairs including a Windsor.

I am actually building some Windsors at the moment. I stepped into the office to cool off a bit and noticed the forum post. Its pretty hot down here in Texas and sure muggy. And summer does not start till June 21st!

Add me to the count of Windsor Chairmakers.

John Bocksnick, Kight of Windsor
3221 Gold Dust Lane
Willow Spring, NC 27592

Back