Rock River Valley Chapter Meeting April 30th

David Gooding

Society of American Period Furniture Makers of the new Rock River Valley Chapter,

I have had responses from members who will attend the first Rock River Valley Chapter?s meeting at my shop in Garden Prairie, Illinois, on Saturday, April 30th, at 9:30 a.m. I will provide a hamburger and hot dog lunch that day. If you are planning on attending and have dietary needs, please bring a lunch and I will put it in a refrigerator.

Please bring something for show and tell. I have only a few ?shop? chairs, so I?m suggesting that you bring a favorite folding chair for the meeting.

The agenda will be:  9:30 a.m. - 12:00 introductions, shop tour, show and tell; 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. lunch; 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. chapter business; 2:00 - 4 p.m. presentations - information on the various types of shellac, the art of french polishing, and a Thomas Jefferson writing desk. If anyone has any other topics to present, please let me know. 

I need an R.S.V.P. by April 15, 2011, from members who have not yet notified me that they are attending. SAPFM members are allowed to bring a guest to the chapter meeting.

If you are planning on attending, please e-mail me at [email protected]  and I will send you my address, phone number, and directions.

Thank you,

Dave Gooding

Back