Revised visit to Girard and Stenton

john previti

Hi folks,
    Here is the tour as I have been able to set it up.  Sorry it has a cost associated with it but I guess they have to make their costs.  If you wish to go let me know.  On that day you can pay me and I will give the 2 curators each a check which will work out better for them.  If you have other people who can come get them to do so.  The cost is based on a minimum of 5 people.  So if we get more folks the cost should drop per person.

best regards,
John Previti
Wednesday, April 22, 2009: Tour for the Society for American Period Furniture

1.        Girard College 9 – 11 a.m.  2101 S. College Ave., Philadelphia, PA  19121.  Free, safe parking.  Site is about a 3 minute drive NE of the Phila Museum of Art

When entering the Girard front gate, bear right, and tell the GC security folks that you are here for a 9 a,m. tour with Elizabeth.  They will direct you to park somewhere on the front circle.

If the front gate is in the “6” position on a clock face, your tour will be on the second floor of Founder’s Hall, the building at the “12” position.

Elizabeth Laurent, will meet you on the first floor of Founder’s for a brief introduction.

On the museum tour, Elizabeth will do the only handling, and it will be limited.  Flash photography will be allowed, but no measurements.

Girard fee $20.00 / person for two hour visit.

Two publications available for optional purchase: one on the collection ($10) and one on the architecture ($35)

2.        The group will lunch together on their own, and transport themselves to Stenton.

3.        Stenton, 1-3 p.m., 4601 North 18th Street, Philadelphia, PA  19140.  Free, safe parking inside entrance gate.  About a 20-30 minute drive from Girard.

Laura Keim, Curator of Stenton will meet you (where, Laura?)

As at Girard, on the museum tour, only Curator Laura Keim will be handling, and it will be limited.  Flash photography will be allowed, but no measurements.

Stenton fee $20.00 / person for two hour visit.

PLEASE NOTE: Stairs are unavoidable in both Founder’s Hall and Stenton.

Elizabeth Laurent

Girard College

Back