Registration Opens Friday for 20th Colonial Williamsburg Conference Working Wood

aushbaush

Williamsburg Working Wood in the 18th Century Registration Opens Friday

Registration for the Colonial Williamsburg Working Wood in the 18th Century conference will open this Friday, 25 August. Be sure to register fast as there is only a single session and it will fill quickly. Williamsburg recommends online registration to ensure success, as their manning of phones will be spotty over the weekend. The link for registration is www.colonialwilliamsburg.com/learn/conferences/working-wood#Learn More. The Registration tab/link will become active once registration opens.

This is the 20th Annual Working Wood conference so it will be very special. The theme is Workmanship of Risk: Exploring Period Tools and Shops, and the dates for the conference are January 25 - 28, 2018. Williamsburg notes that “from turned, green wood chairs to elaborate marquetry pieces, pre-industrial furniture in America took many forms and sprang from numerous traditions. With each tradition came different sets of tools, shop structures, and approaches to solving problems in a common material: wood. For this, our 20th annual conference, we have brought together an impressive group of presenters to speak to some of these different traditions with an emphasis on shops and tools.” SAPFM has donated the funding of their keynote address by Roy Underhill. Roy is always very entertaining.

SAPFM holds key events for members in conjunction with the Working Wood conference. On Thursday afternoon on 25 January 2018 we will hold our annual Members Meeting. Stay tuned for an agenda for this informative meeting.

And on Friday evening, 26 January we will hold our annual Cartouche Banquet. Registration for the cartouche banquet is separate and will be open at a later date on the SAPFM website.

Please join us in Williamsburg for a wonderful and informative set of events!

Hello,
I missed the opportunity to register before it was filled, so I am wait listed. If anyone has to cancel registration, I would like to work out a transfer.
Thanks,
John Davis

Back