Carved Rococo Mirror with Al Breed

apk

MIRROR CLASS DESCRIPTION
========================

A class on carving an 18th century mirror is being offered in 2013. The class will be taught by Al Breed and it will be held in Eagan, MN, which is a southern suburb of Minneapolis. It will consist of two (2) 3-day sessions with the price $600/session (Total $1200.)

The first session will be Sat-Mon 22-24 June 2013 and the second session is Sat-Mon 28-30 September 2013.

We will be doing a reproduction of an original, which is in a museum. It is made of pine. I have attached a picture so that you can see exactly what we will be doing. My goal is to have some drawings of the mirror prior to class so that you can prepare the frame before class and be prepared to carve at the start of day one.

As is always the case with a high end project like this it is highly unlikely that anyone will finish it in class.  The goal of the class is to present enough information so that the serious student can finish it at home. The way to think about this class is that it is a graduate seminar and not a step by step introductory class. The reason for saying this is to set expectations appropriately.  Having said that there is no pre-requsite other than an interest in building the project.

If you sign up for the class my expectation is that you are financially committing to both sessions.

To sign up for the class please send me a $100 deposit for the first session.  My address is at the bottom of this post.

If the class is canceled you will receive a full refund of any deposit.

If you have any questions please contact me via email at [email protected].  I want to make sure that we are on the same page in terms of what is being offered so that there is minimal chance for confusion or disappointment.

Tony

Tony Kubalak
3660 Robin Lane
Eagan, MN 55122

Attachments

• Mirror_1990.18.jpg
    Mirror_1990.18.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 67
Back