Brass inlay

jlandis

Hello,

I would like to use brass as an inlay material. I am having trouble finding it in the size I need. I have a inlay cutter with a cutting width of .030". I would say the dimentions of the brass needed would be .030"x 1/16, or 5/64? Does anybody have an idea were to find a suppier? I looked @ msc and McMaster-Carr already and couldn't see it. Any help would be appreciated.

Jim Landis

Jim,

I suggest you google "strip brass" and see what you find. You are looking for some pretty small stuff, but this may give you a lead.

Karl

I have some, how much do you need? its been a while so I really do not know how much I have . let me know

I buy my brass strips and sheets (up to 3" wide) at ACE Hardware.  They carry from 1/64" to 1/16" thick.

Dennis Bork
Antiquity Period Designs, Ltd.

Jim, if you find it difficult to find the exact size you require? I have used  brass (dust mixed in a epoxy medium) these sets rocks hard, just mix it stiff mix? Or as advised by the supplier and press it into your inlay grooves. When set just clean up as your normally do, Great finish, easily done.
                                                                Joseph Hemingway
                                                                  Sharing the trick's of the trade.

Back